Your generosity helped to make 2019 a fantastic year for The Alaska Community Foundation. Together, we continue to connect donors across Alaska with the causes they care about.
2020 will mark the 25th anniversary of The Alaska Community Foundation. We are grateful for all who have contributed to our mission of giving back to Alaska. We look forward to celebrating this milestone with you in the New Year.
2019 in Review at
The Alaska Community Foundation
In 2019 The Alaska Community Foundation awarded over $9.5 million in grants to nonprofits making a difference in Alaskan communities.
You, our donors and volunteers, make these grants possible. In 2019, over 1,650 donations were made to the funds at ACF. More than 300 volunteer committee members dedicated their time to give out over $388,000 in scholarships to young people across the state.
Individual donors and nonprofits organizations opened 49 new funds in 2019, including the following:
- Alaska Botanical Garden Endowment Fund
- Alaska Kidney Foundation Fund
- Anchorage Concert Association Endowment Fund
- Community Connections Endowment Fund
- David’s Fund
- Donald Giles Vocational Scholarship Fund
- Dream to Fly: Jeff Cheng Memorial Scholarship
- GCI Scholarship Program Fund
- Jack and Nona Renn Anchorage Football Fund
- Lathrop High School Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Liam Hood Scholarship Fund
- Lucile Hope Special Education Scholarship Fund
- Mel Sather Public Media Internship Program Fund
- Nancy Cook Hanson Tuition Assistance Fund for the Catholic Schools of Fairbanks
- Premera Social Impact Fund
- Ruth Hart Endowment Fund
ACF ends 2019 with over 550 funds, including the Cordova Community Foundation Fund, the newest of our eleven Affiliate funds.