The 2021 GCI Scholarship will accept applications January 20, 2021 – March 18, 2021. Applications must be submitted to The Alaska Community Foundation no later than 5:00 pm Alaska Standard Time.
GCI opened its doors for business in 1979 and has been serving Alaskans with long-distance TV, internet, and wireless service ever since. But GCI is more than just Alaska’s technology leader; it is a company founded and operated by Alaskans committed to being good neighbors and supporting our local communities.
Over the past 5 years, GCI has donated more than $10 million in cash, products, scholarships and grants to Alaskan organizations. GCI also provides employees with 16 hours of paid leave to volunteer with local organizations. In 2018, more than 660 employees volunteered nearly 8,200 hours.
Over the last 20 years, GCI has awarded $6 million in scholarship funds to hundreds of Alaskan students attending accredited colleges and vocational/trade schools.
The 2021 GCI Scholarship is a $80,000 investment in Alaska’s next generation of leaders. This year GCI will provide 40 scholarships at the $2,000 level.
GCI employees and contracted staff, and their children, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
- Graduating senior of an Alaskan high school (2020 & 2021)
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Seeking degree or certification with a STEM focus.
- Attending or enrolling in an accredited college or university or trade school.
- Applicants who express an intention to return to Alaska to start careers.
- ApplicantsThe applicant is living in a rural location. Rural is outside the Municipality of Anchorage, Fairbanks North Star Borough and the City of Juneau.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information by July 31, 2021 to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. Failure to do so will be an automatic forfeiture of the award unless student chooses an award deferment.