The Sitka Scholarship Fund was established in 2011 to honor the memory of Tadao Sasayama, Founder of the Alaska Pulp Corporation. Since 1954, the Alaska Pulp Corporation has been a part of the Wrangell and Sitka communities. Mr. Sasayama was the founder and the First Chairman of Alaska Pulp Corporation. He retired in 1971 and passed away three years later at the age of 78.
Scholarships are available to Sitka High School seniors who plan to pursue post-secondary education, including trade/vocational schools. Selection will be based on outstanding academic achievement and or special talent.
There will be three scholarships awarded per year. Scholarships are $20,000 total ($5,000 paid out per year, pending annual renewal) and are dependent upon students maintaining good standing and a full course load as prescribed by the post-secondary school.
- Applicant must be a current senior at Sitka High School in Alaska.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time at a post-secondary education institution by the beginning of the semester he/she is using the award.
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
Applicants will be Asked to Provide:
- Academic achievement, including GPA and SAT/ACT scores
- Student activities, including extracurricular, community service and honors/awards
- References and letters of recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Financial Need
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2024, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.