The Alaska Community Foundation seeks to support 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and tribal organizations in their fundraising efforts, awareness campaigns, and community events. We will support organizations whose work aligns with our Mission, Vision, and Values. Limited resources necessitate focused giving in our communities, and support is generally granted on a one-time basis.
Things to Consider
Award amounts will be between $250 and $1,500, with an average award of $500 for events occurring in 2024 only.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying for a donation:
- Please submit your request at least 6 weeks before your event
- Once submitted, all requests are personally reviewed
- Please review our eligibility requirements
- All requests must be submitted six weeks prior to the event or print deadline
- You will receive a response via e-mail
- You can check the status or your request through your online profile
Start your Application
- To begin, click the request sponsorship button below. Existing grant applicants and current grantees enter your credentials and log in. If you have not applied for a grant with ACF before, select “Create New Account” to complete the registration process and create your login credentials.
- From the Application Status Page, select “Apply” on the left side of the screen to access the sponsorship form list.
- Begin the application. Note the specific instructions for each question and the character limit for responses (characters DO include spaces). File upload questions also have file size limits. You may save your application as a draft and log back in at any time to edit. Be sure to save your progress often; the online system times out after 40 minutes of inactivity.
Please contact Janel Hodge at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about your application process.
Requests that are not eligible include:
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law
- Capital projects
- Endowments or Private Foundations
- Golf Tournaments
- Individual requests (must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit or tribal organization request)
- Multi-year commitment or automatic renewal grants
- Organizations whose prime purpose is to influence legislation
- Pass-through donations (organizations raising funds for other nonprofits)
- Prizes for incentives
- Programming in line with that regularly offered by your organization
- Publicly or privately funded educational institutions
- Religious, political or fraternal organizations
- School auctions, PTA events, booster clubs, graduation parties are not eligible
- Sports team events
- Silent Auctions and online Auctions