The Mt. McKinley Lions Club Foundation Scholarship was established at The Alaska Community Foundation in 2018 to benefit graduating seniors at East Anchorage High School. Prior to the establishment at ACF, this long-running scholarship has helped students at East fund their college tuition for more than 20 years.
he Mt. McKinley Lions Club Foundation Scholarship will award one $1,000 scholarship to an East Anchorage High School senior with demonstrated participation in community service activities during high school, earning a B average.
A student receiving the scholarship may reapply up to four years if the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements, is in good standing at their educational institution, and reports back on an annual basis on their academic progress.
- Applicant must be a senior at East Anchorage High School
- Applicant must earn a B average GPA (2.7 – 3.3)
- Applicant must intend to return to Alaska to live and work upon completion of college
Applicants will be asked to provide:
- A Personal Essay
- Current Transcripts
- Academic/Employment/Volunteering Resume
- Multi-year award based on reapplication and good standing at their educational institution.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2023, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.