This honors the late Megan Rawson, who graduated from East High in 2007. After completing a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences at the University of Chicago, Megan joined the Teach For America program. She worked at a Navajo school in Crownpoint, NM, and the experience changed her career direction. Brain cancer struck Megan in 2012. She persevered through treatments to get a MAT from the University of Alaska Southeast and taught science at East High in 2015-16. The cancer returned that summer and took her life. This scholarship is at her request, as memory and motivation.
The Megan Rawson Scholarship Fund will provide scholarship award(s) to graduating seniors and graduates from East Anchorage High School who intend to pursue a career in teaching. Scholarship awards are up to $1,000.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or have graduated from East Anchorage High School
- Applicant must have a goal of pursuing a career in teaching
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Applicants will be Asked to Provide:
- Personal essay
- Current Transcripts
- Statement of financial need
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of application or acceptance to post-secondary institution
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2024, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.