The Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship supports Alaskan students pursuing education or training in the field of automotive mechanics. Harry H. Hirshik was military-civil employee-mechanic. He lived in Eagle River and loved Alaska.
The Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship will provide an award of up to $1,500.
- Applicant must be an Alaskan resident;
- Applicant must pursue automotive technology or similar field;
- Applicant must have at least a 2.1 GPA from the most recent school attended
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics;
- Demonstrate involvement in community service or a record of athletic involvement;
- Demonstrate superior aptitude or prior work experience in the field of auto mechanics;
- Demonstrated financial need
Applicants will be Asked to Provide:
- Personal Essay: Your essay should detail your commitment to the pursuit of an automotive technology-related career, and should be no more than a page (500 words) in length.
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients must submit their student ID number and program information by June 30, 2024 to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. Failure to do so will be an automatic forfeiture of the award unless student chooses an award deferment.
Contact The Alaska Community Foundation with questions: email@example.com or 907-344-6700