The mission of the Greater Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce is to advocate and educate on behalf of members to promote a healthy business climate that recognizes both Ketchikan’s quality of life and its economic potential.
Our vision for Ketchikan is a community with a strong and diversified economy, a year-round, stable employment base, and a quality of life which is both attractive to prospective residents and conducive to business expansion and sustainable new development.
For more information about the Greater Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce, please visit their website at https://www.ketchikanchamber.com/
The Greater Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce Scholarship will provide a one-time award of up to $1,500.
- Applicant must be a senior or graduate of a high school in Ketchikan, including home schooled students and GED recipients.
- Applicant must be enrolled, or preparing to enroll, full time in a degree-seeking program at an accredited university or vocational technical education program through a certified, verifiable school by the beginning of the semester they will use the award.
Applicants will be asked to provide:
- A personal statement outlining their plans for the future.
- A personal statement outlining their involvement in extracurricular activities.
- A brief essay demonstrating their understanding the importance of a healthy business community.
- Provide a presentation, or report if unavailable in Ketchikan, regarding academic reflection to the Greater Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce within 6 months of completing the academic year.
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2024, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF is you cannot send in the information by this date.