The goal of the GCI Suicide Prevention Fund is to make a lasting positive impact on reducing rates of suicide in Alaska and promoting mental wellness through strengthened community connections.
The Alaska Community Foundation, in partnership with GCI, is proud to offer the GCI Suicide Prevention Grant Program, which will fund projects and organizations whose goal is to reduce the rates of suicide in Alaska and promote mental wellness through strengthened community and personal connections.
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofits or equivalent organizations located in the state of Alaska, which may include tribes, schools, churches, local government agencies, and programs.
The 2022 Grant Cycle will open on May 4th, 2022.
Organizations seeking project or operational support are encouraged to apply. Funding for capital projects is ineligible. Review the guidelines provided below for more information.
Preference will be given to projects that are located in rural Alaska or programs that reach rural communities in Alaska (defined as outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau), and which are focused on activities that will:
- Result in long term change by creating family, school, and community support systems
- Help grow or support programs that have already demonstrated success in Alaska or in small communities in the Lower 48
- Support programs that have been embraced and that will be sustained by the community
- Support work that is happening on multiple levels including prevention, intervention, and crisis response
- Conceived or managed by local entities or by an entity that demonstrates a willingness to work with the local community or be advised and/or guided by local planning
- Reflects Alaska cultural considerations
Grant requests may be a minimum of $1,000 and up to $20,000; typical awards will range from $5,000 – $10,000 with the average award being $7,000.
All awarded projects MUST be completed within one calendar year from the date grant funds are received.
Applications must be submitted online.
Click on the link below or contact ACF with any questions regarding the online application system at email@example.com or 907-334-6700. For more information, please read the grant guidelines below.