The Denali Scholarship Fund was created by the generous legacy donation of Frances B. Mlakar to support Alaskan students seeking post-secondary education within the state of Alaska. Students seeking higher education or vocational/technical training are invited to apply.
The Denali Scholarship will award three (3) $20,000 scholarships to students planning to enroll in programs at higher education institutions in Alaska and three (3) $20,000 scholarships for students planning to enroll in vocational/technical programs within the state of Alaska.
There is an option to renew the Denali Scholarship for up to four (4) years for recipients who maintain good academic standing with their academic institutions.
- 2023 graduate of an Alaskan high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Planning to enroll full-time as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university or attend a vocational/technical training program in the state of Alaska.
- Students with a demonstrated financial need
- Alaska Native students
Applicants are asked to provide:
- Personal Essay
- Up to Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Verification of Enrollment (Proof of Application or Letter of Acceptance)
- High School Transcript
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) to demonstrate financial need
- Resume highlighting school activities and community involvement
- Finalists will be asked to participate in an interview
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2024, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF is you cannot send in the information by this date.