The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The 2019 Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship application period is open February 1st, 2019 – March 31st, 2019 (closes 5 pm, AKST).
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage scholarship recognizes scholastic achievement, participation in cross-country skiing, and community service. Individual awards provide up to $1,500 toward educational expenses at an accredited college or university to Alaska residents who are high school seniors or currently enrolled as undergraduate college students. Membership in a high school cross-country ski team during the applicants junior and senior years is required, as is membership in the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage for the current and preceding ski season. Please contact the NSAA office by email (email@example.com) or phone at 276-7609 to verify your membership status before applying. Learn more about NSAA on the web at: www.AnchorageNordicSki.com.
- Resident of Alaska.
- High school senior or undergraduate college student accepted to or enrolled in any accredited college or university.
- Member of a high school cross-country ski team in the applicants junior and senior year.
- Member of the NSAA for the current and preceding ski season.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment for a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded.
- Family members of NSAA Board members and/or scholarship selection committee members are ineligible for consideration.
- Attending college in Alaska is judged favorably but not essential.
- Academic performance.
- Participation in cross-country skiing activities.
- Community service performed while in high school or college.
- Essay (500 word maximum) on the “benefits you have received from skiing.”
- Voluntary Service to the NSAA and the Nordic skiing community by the applicant and his/her family.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from 1) a teacher or counselor and 2) a ski coach.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2019, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.