The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 9TH, 2020!
The 2020 Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship will accept applications February 4th, 2020 – March 31st, 2020 (closes 5 pm, AKST).
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage scholarship recognizes scholastic achievement, participation in cross-country skiing, and community service. Individual awards provide up to $1,500 toward educational expenses at an accredited college or university to Alaska residents who are graduating high school seniors.
Membership in a high school cross-country ski team during the applicants junior and senior years is required, as is membership in the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage for the current and preceding ski season. Please verify your membership status before applying, by visiting the NSAA website or contact the NSAA office by phone at 276-7609.
To learn more about the Nordic Ski Association of Anchorage, visit them on the web at: www.AnchorageNordicSki.com.
- Resident of Alaska
- Graduating High School Senior in the Anchorage School District
- Member of a high school cross-country ski team in the applicants junior and senior year.
- Member of the NSAA for the current and preceding ski season.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment for a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded.
- Family members of NSAA Board members and/or scholarship selection committee members are ineligible for consideration.
- Academic performance.
- Participation in cross-country skiing activities.
- Community service performed while in high school
- Essay (500 word maximum) on the “benefits you have received from skiing.”
- Voluntary Service to the NSAA and the Nordic skiing community by the applicant and his/her family.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from 1) a teacher or counselor and 2) a ski coach.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2020, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.