The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
The 2017 Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage Scholarship will run February 1, 2017- March 31, 2017. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage scholarship recognizes scholastic performance, enthusiasm for cross-country skiing, and participation in community ski activities. Individual awards provide up to $1,500 toward educational expenses at a college or university to Alaska residents who are high school seniors or currently enrolled as undergraduate college students. Applicants must be members of the high school cross-country ski team during their junior and senior years and must have individual or family memberships in the NSAA for the current and preceding ski season. Please contact the NSAA office by email (email@example.com) or phone at 276-7609 to verify your membership status before applying. Learn more about NSAA on the web at: www.AnchorageNordicSki.com.
- A resident of Alaska.
- An Alaskan high school senior or undergraduate college student accepted to or enrolled in any accredited college or university.
- A member of a high school cross-country ski team in your junior and senior year.
- A member of the NSAA (individual or family membership) in the past two years.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment for a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded.
- Family members of NSAA Board members and/or scholarship selection committee members are ineligible for consideration.
- Attending college in Alaska is judged favorably but not essential.
- Academic performance.
- Cross-country skiing accomplishments (including ski team membership).
- Community service performed while in high school or college.
- Essay (500 word maximum) on the “benefits you have received from skiing.”
- Voluntary Service to the NSAA and the Nordic skiing community by the applicant and his/her family.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2017, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.