The JJ Klein Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 9th, 2020!
The 2020 JJ Klein Scholarship will accept applications January 20th, 2020 – March 31st, 2020. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The JJ Klein Scholarship was generously established by Joyce and Jerry Klein and supports Alaskan students seeking post-secondary education. The scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors and students already pursuing a post-secondary education at an accredited college, university or vocational school.
The JJ Klein scholarship will provide a one-time award of up to $10,000 for two students.
- Applicant must be in their senior year at an Alaskan high school
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation to succeed
- Applicant must be enroll full-time in an accredited institute of higher education or vocational school for the upcoming academic year
- Applicant must have demonstrated financial need
- Applicants with a GPA from 2.0 to 3.2 (those with GPAs above 3.5 will not be considered)
- Personal Essay
- Academic Performance
- Student Aid Report
- Letters of Recommendation- Two Required
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2020, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.