The Tom and Mary Lou Friesen Scholarship seeks to support students with a demonstrated financial need and wants to pursue vocational training. The student achieved personal successes, not necessarily academic success in high school, and is committed to a successful future career in a vocational endeavor.
- Applicant must be a recent graduate or a senior at Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District or Metlakatla High School
- Applicant should provide one or more examples of community service during high school
- Accepted into or intend to enroll full time in a 2- or 4- year community college, accredited university, or a vocational school
- Demonstrated financial need
- Submit a personal statement explaining:
- Student’s personal success as a high school student
- What the student will be studying post-high school
- How the scholarship will help achieve your personal or professional career goals
- Students that complete the FAFSA
- Submit an additional communique by way of any mode or method comfortable to the student but not limited to the written essay, active video, artistic expression, etc. to clarify the personal statement.
- Personal Statement
- Example of community service
- High School Transcripts
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Financial Need
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by July 31, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.