The LHS Alumni Scholarship is for Lathrop students who were at one time underachieving or struggling students who later applied themselves and desired to continue their education at a university or technical school. They attend LHS for three years and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25 and have demonstrated significant academic improvement in the last two years before graduation, or a cumulative GPA is at least 3.0.
The scholarship fund initially started in 2019 as a non-endowed fund of $6,000. After it reached $15,000 a $2,000 scholarship was awarded in 2020.
In March 2021 the fund reached $50,000 and qualified to be an endowed fund. The endowed fund will generate 4-5% of the FMV to be spent annually for scholarships This will be a permanent fund for LHS scholarships. As the fund balance grows, the scholarship spendable will increase each year.
Please include your class year in the Additional Instructions field when donating.
To learn more about the history and details of the LHS Alumni Scholarship Fund, to see a list of donors and class totals, and to access an offline donation form go to www.ecsalaska.com/LHSAlum
Together all Alumni can build a meaningful scholarship.
Make a difference to students willing to work at the next level of education. This is our Legacy.
Scholarship awards are up to $2,000.
- Lathrop High School graduating senior
- Have attended Lathrop High School for at least 3 years
- Proven Financial Need and Academic Growth
- Cumulative GPA of 2.35 to 3.0
- Acceptance with intent to attend an accredited post-secondary college/university, junior college or vocational or trade school offering a recognized degree or certification and located within the United States.
Recipients of this award may apply for renewal for 3 additional years if they continue to meet the above requirements and are in good standing with the institution attended.
- Personal Essay
- Resume and/or summary of work experience, activities, personal interests, honors/awards, and volunteer service
- Verification of Enrollment in a college, university, or vocational school
- Statement of Financial Need
Please upload documents in PDF. It is highly suggested to review your application and uploads it prior to submission.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by July 31, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.