The JJ Klein Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The JJ Klein Scholarship will run March 6, 2017- April 28, 2017. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The JJ Klein Scholarship was generously established by Joyce and Jerry Klein and supports Alaskan students seeking post-secondary education. The scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors and students already pursuing a post-secondary education at an accredited college, university or vocational school. Preference will be given to applicants with a GPA from 2.0 to 3.2; those with GPAs above 3.5 will not be considered. Applicants must have demonstrated financial need.
The JJ Klein scholarship will provide a one-time award of up to $10,000.
- Applicant must be a graduate/in their senior year at an Alaskan high school
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation to succeed
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an accredited institute of higher education or vocational school for the upcoming academic year
- Applicant must have demonstrated financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants with a GPA from 2.0 to 3.2; those with GPAs above 3.5 will not be considered.
- Personal Essay
- Academic Performance
- Student Aid Report
- Letters of Recommendation- Two Required
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2017, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.