The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is poised to assist you with your year-end giving. So that we can provide the best possible service and ensure your charitable gifts qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2019 tax year, please keep these important dates in mind:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be initiated by Thursday, December 26, 2019.
- Gifts of mutual funds should be initiated by Friday, December 13, 2019 (mutual funds take longer to process than conventional stocks).
- Gifts of complex assets such as real estate, closely-held business interests or stock, and planned giving vehicles may require input from ACF’s Board, CEO, and CFO, and should be discussed with ACF staff immediately for potential closure by the end of the calendar year.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to ACF or Affiliate must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2019. Any checks postmarked after December 31, 2019, will be recorded in 2020.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at ACF on or before December 31, 2019.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 27, 2019.
- Credit card gifts made by online contributions may be made through December 31, 2019.
Year-end grant recommendations
Donor advised fund holders may wish to recommend grants as part of year-end campaigns or holiday contributions. In order for nonprofit recipients to receive grant checks in 2019*, recommendations should be made by noon on Friday, December 13. Donor advised grant recommendations can be made online through your portal to ACF Community Donor, or by a signed grant recommendation form.
Please call 907.334.6700 to contact ACF for assistance.
*On or about December 15, your spendable amount for your fund in 2020 will appear in your account. You can view your account through your portal to ACF Community Donor. However, grants including these amounts will not be processed until 2020.