The Shayna Marie Pritchard Memorial Scholarship was established by the Pritchard family in honor of their daughter and sister Shayna Marie Pritchard. Shayna was a kind-hearted, loving person who found beauty in all people and things. She went out of her way to please others and make sure everyone felt special. Her smile lit up everyone’s heart. Shayna graduated from Nikiski High School but didn’t feel that college was the right choice for her. Shayna had a plan and followed it through, receiving a 300-hour Massage Therapy Certification.
The applicant must be a senior at Nikiski High School. Strong preference will be given to applicants pursuing a career in Massage Therapy, or a trade/vocational degree. Special consideration will be given to applicants who show an exceptional ability to overcome life challenges. This is not an academic-based or financial aid-based scholarship. The applicant who best meets these requirements and most emulates the spirit of Shayna Marie Pritchard will be awarded this scholarship.
Application Procedure: To complete the application packet, contact Charlene Delago at 907- 776-9443.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior at Nikiski High School
- Strong preference for students pursuing a career in Massage Therapy or trade/vocational degree
Applicants will be Asked to Provide:
- School involvement
- Out-of-school involvement
- Employment history
- Career/post-secondary education plans
- Personal essay; share a story that shows your exceptional ability to overcome life challenges