The Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund was established with The Alaska Community Foundation in 1997. Scott Fibranz was an avid baseball player who often played on three summer leagues and coached numerous little league teams. Scott was a lifelong Alaskan and community volunteer. His legacy carries on today through the awarding of the Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship.
This scholarship awards baseball or softball players, to further their college education. Beginning in 2020, the committee agreed to welcome applications from softball players.
Scholarship awards will be up to $1,000.
- Participant in an Alaskan high school baseball or softball program during the semester immediately prior to graduation from high school
- A student entering or enrolled in University, College, or Trade school
- And/Or a participant in the American Legion League during the summer baseball season immediately following graduation from high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Playing in a college/university baseball or college/university softball program
Additional Criteria (items listed on the main scholarship page also listed):
- Proof of your tryout of a college baseball or college softball program if applicable