The Alaska Community Foundation is here to help you make a charitable gift that is meaningful to you and the organizations and communities you care about. If you are a donor advisor, you may also wish to recommend year-end grants to your preferred nonprofits and causes.
In order to provide the best possible service, we ask that you please keep the following dates in mind.
Year-end grant recommendations
In order for nonprofit recipients to receive grant checks in 2018*, please make your grant recommendations no later than noon on Monday, December 17. Donor advised grant recommendations can be made online through our donor portal, or by submitting a signed grant recommendation form.
To ensure your charitable donations qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2018 tax year, please follow these guidelines:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be initiated by Wednesday, December 25, 2018.
- Gifts of mutual funds should be initiated by Friday, December 14, 2018 (mutual funds take longer to process than conventional stocks).
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to ACF or an Affiliate must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2018. Any checks postmarked after December 31, 2018, will be recorded in 2019.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at ACF on or before December 31, 2018.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 28, 2018.
- Credit card gifts made by online contributions may be made through December 31, 2018.
- Gifts of complex assets such as real estate, closely held business interests or stock, and planned giving vehicles may require input from ACF’s Board, CEO, and CFO, and should be discussed with your Relationship Manager immediately to ensure closure by the end of the calendar year.
Thank you for your spirit of generosity. If you have any questions please contact us at:
907.334.6700 | email@example.com
*The timing of donor advised grants has no effect on your 2018 charitable income tax donations since your charitable contribution was recognized when you originally contributed to your donor advised fund.