- Develop a permanent endowment for the community.
- Meet prudent standards in the stewardship of philanthropic assets.
- Promote effective and responsible grant-making designed to serve current and future community needs.
- Demonstrate community leadership in identifying problems and designing philanthropic solutions.
- Assist donors in fulfilling their philanthropic goals by providing a variety of philanthropic mechanisms
An endowment to support the Homer Foundation in their efforts to meet the ever-changing needs in Homer, Alaska now and in the future.
All of our community’s needs are met with cooperation, collaboration, and generosity.
The Homer Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the greater Homer area by promoting philanthropic and charitable activities.
Our Shared Values
Members of the Homer Foundation Board of Trustees recognize that they play an important role in the community; that their role is sustained by the public trust; and that certain obligations follow from that trust. The following shared values reflect the commitment of the Homer Foundation to provide the most effective stewardship of the charitable resources with which it has been entrusted.