The Affiliate Program is at the heart of ACF and core to our mission. Established in 2008 by a grant from Rasmuson Foundation, the Affiliate Program currently supports nine Affiliate communities across Alaska to build localized philanthropy:
- Chilkat Valley Community Foundation (Haines & Klukwan)
- Golden Heart Community Foundation (Fairbanks)
- Greater Sitka Legacy Fund
- Jessica Stevens Community Foundation (Talkeetna)
- Kenai Peninsula Foundation
- Ketchikan Community Foundation
- Kodiak Community Foundation
- Petersburg Community Foundation
- Seward Community Foundation
ACF empowers local groups of dedicated volunteer advisors to grow their community’s endowments to support statewide nonprofits and charitable projects, now and forever. Affiliate Advisory Boards recommend grants to local nonprofits, lead efforts to support organizations within their communities, and encourage their communities to invest in themselves to build stronger and more vibrant lives for their residents. As a result, ACF and its Affiliates increase individual philanthropy among Alaskans, encourage local leadership to identify community issues and invest in solutions, and grow permanent charitable assets in communities across Alaska to sustain nonprofits.
ACF also partners with other community foundations across the state that hold their own 501(c)(3) status. These partner organizations hold funds at ACF, collaborate with us on critical issues, and help expand our resource network.
- Arctic Slope Community Foundation
- Bethel Community Services Foundation
- Homer Foundation
- Juneau Community Foundation