Position Title: BP Energy Center Operations Associate
Reports To: BP Energy Center Manager
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
The Alaska Community Foundation (the Foundation) is a nonprofit, public foundation with a mission of inspiring the spirit of giving and connecting people, organizations, and causes to strengthen Alaska’s communities now and forever. To learn more, please visit our website: alaskacf.org.
The BP Energy Center (BPEC) Operations Associate’s role is to facilitate the guest user experience and manage the basic daily operations of the center. To learn more about the center, please visit our website: https://www.bpenergycenter.org/
- Greet visitors and provide them assistance needed while using the facility.
- Manage reservations and user communications about the facility.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for users.
- Check-in/out users and confirm space is ready for user groups.
- Update daily signage to facilitate the direction of visitors to the correct rooms.
- Monitor cleanliness protocols of all shared spaces, such as the coffee/tea stations, etc.
- Open and close the facility.
- Maintain the reservation system, including confirming bookings and managing usage payments.
- Maintain regular communications with BPEC Manager about facility needs.
- Assist with onsite user support, including catering, contractors, and facility managers.
What you bring
- Your appreciation for Alaska, its people, and its interests.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with others daily.
- Your ability to be flexible and adjust daily as priorities shift.
- Your good judgment and professionalism.
- Your strong problem-solving abilities.
- Your care for processes and detail.
- Your enjoyment of providing a pleasant experience for BPEC users.
- Any combination of relevant experience totaling a minimum of two (2) years of customer service and customer-facing hospitality.
- Strong computer skills, including direct experience with a reservation system of any kind and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.).
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector in Alaska.
- Event management experience.
- Familiarity with reservation systems.
What we Offer
The Salary range is between $50,000 and $53,000 and is commensurate with experience and expertise.
Benefits (upon eligibility) include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan with generous employer funding of employee premiums and some employer funding of dependent premiums.
- A 401(k)-retirement plan with an employer match after one year of service up to 4% of the employee’s salary.
- Paid time off starts at (18) days a year and rises incrementally after two years of service.
- There are (12) paid holidays per year.
- Group insurance, including life/short-term disability/long-term disability provided by the employer.
- An Employee Giving Program, including matching gifts from the Foundation, to support employees’ philanthropic interests
- Other benefits include an Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending, and Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
If you are comfortable with the salary range, meet the position qualifications, and are ready to bring your knowledge, skills, and abilities to our team, please apply for the BPEC Operations Associate position. This position will open until filled.
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and three professional references. Send to Christine Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alaska Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required, sometimes for extended periods, to stand or sit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-function machines, and filing cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; balance stoop, kneel, or crouch; and get in and out of vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move small or large objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.