OPENING FALL OF 2023
The Social Justice Fund grant opportunity is designed to facilitate strategic collaborations that prioritize and promote strong civic engagement, equity and inclusion, access to quality health care and education, and community leadership. This grant program aims to support Alaskans in their efforts to address the root causes of social justice issues within their communities and across the state.
The Social Justice Fund was created in 2015 when John Rubini and Clare Bertucio made a generous $1 million pledge to support organizations leading progressive and social justice work in Alaska.
Grant Request Amount: Up to $25,000
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Listen to the communities it serves and incorporate community priorities in the proposed project.
- Develop and grow unique partnerships that improve the quality of life in the communities it serves.
- Represent grassroots interests with less opportunity or access to funding sources.
- Demonstrate interest in long-term, fundamental, ideological shifts in relation to social justice issues.
Your organization is eligible for funding through this grant opportunity if it is one of the following:
- 501(c)3 public charitable organizations with 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3) public charitable status as designated in your IRS Determination letter
- Faith-based organization providing social services
- Federally recognized Tribes or Tribal nonprofit organizations
- City governments or Boroughs
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
- State or federal government agencies
- For-profit organizations or businesses
- Private nonprofit organizations (those not identified in their IRS determination letter as 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3)
- Requests for support that do not fall within the funding guidelines outlined above
For detailed guidelines on eligibility and how to submit an application, please review the guidelines and tutorials below:
Social Justice Fund Grant Guidelines
ACF’s online application instructions
Those interested in applying are strongly encouraged to call ACF staff prior to submitting an online application.
The Alaska Community Foundation
Programs & Grants Team