The Ron and Terri Davis Trades Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
The Ron and Terri Davis Trades Scholarship ran March 7th – April 25th, 2019. Applications should be submitted no later than 5pm AKST. This scholarship is established to help deserving students with financial need to complete a certificate or degree in the trades, including an applied Associates Degree leading to employment in the trades.
Awards will be made usually on an annual basis depending on funding availability. The Ron and Terri Davis Trades Scholarship will provide an award of $4,000.
- Applicant must be from the Kenai Peninsula
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17-25 years old
- Attend a trade school or Associate program in Alaska, such as AVTEC or Kenai Peninsula College
- Applicant must have, and maintain, a minimum 2.0 GPA. A maintained 2.0 GPA qualifies the applicant for second year funding.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Trade School/Associate Program or High School transcript, whichever is most recent and applicable.
- Personal Essay
- Community Involvement. Briefly describe your activities, including community service.
- Letters of Recommendation. You may upload up to 2; 1 is required and from a current or most recent teacher.
- Explanation of Expenses. Please detail your financial need, including the cost of your education and the amount you can contribute. Please also explain any special circumstances that make assistance necessary.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2019, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.