The GCI Scholarship is not currently accepting applications at this time.
The 2020 GCI Scholarship application period ran from February 4, 2020 to March 31, 2020. Applications must be submitted on the Alaska Community Foundation no later than 5:00 pm Alaska Standard Time.
GCI opened its doors for business in 1979 and has been serving Alaskans with long distance, TV, internet and wireless service ever since. But GCI is more than just Alaska’s technology leader, it is a company founded and operated by Alaskans. Committing to being a good neighbor and supporting our local communities.
Over the past 5 years, GCI has donated more than $10 million in cash, products, scholarships and grants to Alaska organizations. GCI also provides employees with 16 hours of paid leave to volunteer with local organizations. In 2018, more than 660 employees volunteered nearly 8,200 hours.
Over the 20 years, GCI has awarded $6 million in scholarship funds to hundreds of Alaska students attending accredited colleges and vocational/trade schools.
The 2020 GCI Scholarship is a $100,000 investment in Alaska’s next generation of leaders. This year GCI will provide 50 scholarships at the $2,000 level.
- Graduating Senior of an Alaska High School
- In the top 75% of their graduating class
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Seeking degree or certification with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) focus
- Enrolling in any accredited college or university or trade school
- Applicants who express an intention to return to Alaska to start their careers
- Applicants who live in a location where a GCI store is located.
- Applicants in Rural Alaska
- Personal Essay
- High School transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation