The Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The 2020 Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship will accept applications January 20th, 2020 – April 9th, 2020. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund was established with The Alaska Community Foundation in 1997. Scott Fibranz was an avid baseball player who often played on three summer leagues and coached numerous little league teams. Scott was a lifelong Alaskan and community volunteer. His legacy carries on today through the awarding of the Scott Fibranz Memorial Baseball Scholarship. This scholarship awards baseball players to further their college education. Beginning in 2020, the committee agreed to welcome applications from softball players.
Awards of up to $1000 will be made to students entering or already enrolled in a post-secondary university or trade school, who were involved in an Alaskan high school baseball program during the semester immediately prior to their graduation from high school and/or a participant in the American Legion League during the summer baseball season immediately following their graduation from high school. Preference will be given to applicants with at least a 2.5 GPA and will be playing baseball at the college/university level.
- Participant in an Alaskan high school baseball or softball program during the semester immediately prior to graduation from high school
- Student entering or enrolled in University, College or Trade school
- And/Or a participant in the American Legion League during the summer baseball season immediately following graduation from high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Playing in a college/university baseball or college/university softball program
- Personal Statements
- Personal school budget; including any additional financial aid
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: two are required and one must be from a baseball or softball coach
- Proof of application or acceptance to post-secondary institution
- Proof of your tryout of a college baseball or college softball program if applicable
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2020, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.