The Red Boucher Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
The 2019 Red Boucher Scholarship will run November 15, 2018 – January 11, 2019. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Red Boucher Scholarship honors the late H.A. “Red” Boucher. It supports outstanding Alaskans pursuing careers in technology education and/or training. Red Boucher is recognized at the state and national level as one of the pioneers of the Information Age and as an authority on the subject of computer-mediated communication. He had a long and distinguished career in public service, including holding the elected offices of lieutenant governor and state representative.
The Red Boucher Scholarship awards are up to $1,000.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and/or leadership potential.
- Applicant must be a graduate of, or a currently enrolled senior, at an Alaskan high school.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally enrolled full-time in a technology-related program by the beginning of the semester he/she is using the award.
- Applicant must have the goal of pursuing a career in a technology related field.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Prior year awardees are eligible to apply again.
- Personal Essay
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Financial Need
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Application or Acceptance to post-secondary institution
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2019, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.