The Lucile Hope Special Education Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The 2021 Lucile Hope Scholarship will accept applications February 4th, 2021 – April 8th, 2021. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Lucile Hope Special Education Scholarship was generously established in honor of Lucy Hope upon her retirement from the Mat-Su School District where she taught special education for many years and guided the administration of the special education program.
It supports Alaskan students seeking post-secondary education in K-12 education with an endorsement in special education. The scholarship is open to students enrolled in an accredited university or college and who have completed at least their sophomore year pursuing a degree or endorsement in post-secondary education.
The Lucile Hope Special Education Scholarship will provide a one-time annual award of up to $2,000.
- Graduate from a high school or home school equivalent program in Alaska.
- Applicant must be a full time college/university student at an institute of higher education.
- Must be enrolled in a K-12 education program major for the upcoming academic year and have completed at least his or her sophomore year in an accredited college/university.
- Matanuska-Susitna Valley resident
- Personal Essay
- Statement of Financial Need
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Application or Acceptance to post-secondary institution
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by July 31, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.