Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship Fund is not currently accepting applications.
The 2021 Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship will accept applications January 20th, 2021 – March 31st, 2021. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship supports Alaskan students pursuing education or training in the field of automotive mechanics. Harry H. Hirshik was military-civil employee-mechanic. He lived in Eagle River and loved Alaska.
The Harry H. Hirshik Scholarship will provide an award of up to $1,500.
- Applicant must be an Alaskan resident;
- Applicant must pursue automotive technology or similar field;
- Applicant must have at least a 2.1 GPA from most recent school attended
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics;
- Demonstrate involvement in a community service or a record of athletic involvement;
- Demonstrate superior aptitude or prior work experience in the field of auto mechanics;
- Preference will be given to those with demonstrated financial need.
- College transcript (if applicable)
- Personal Essay: Your essay should detail your commitment to the pursuit of a technology related career, and should be no more than a page (500 words) in length.
- School and Community Involvement. Briefly describe your activities, including community service.
- Accomplishments, Honors and Awards.
- Letters of Recommendation. You may upload up to 2; 1 is required.
- Explanation of Expenses. Please detail your financial need, including the cost of your education and the amount you can contribute. Please also explain any special circumstances that make assistance necessary.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.