The Art Jess Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The 2019 Art Jess Scholarship fund will run March 7, 2019 – April 25, 2019. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Art Jess Scholarship fund is open to all Alaskans, and is intended to assist Alaskans with their post-secondary education, including but not limited to trade school, vocational school, Associates or Bachelor degrees, graduate degrees, community colleges and distance learning. Applicants may be full-time or part-time students. Previous Art Jess scholarship recipients may re-apply in subsequent years. Applicants are encouraged to review and consider the scholarship preferences prior to submitting an application.
- Alaska resident
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 at the high school or post-secondary level
Preference is given to the following applicants
- Alaska Native, American Indian, and/or Hawaiian Native
- Chilkat Valley resident or a Chilkat Indian Village or Chilkoot Indian Association tribal member
- Completion of one year of post-secondary education or current enrollment in first year of post-secondary education
Applicants will be asked to provide
- Proof of Alaska residency
- Three current letters of recommendation (within the last 12 months)
If applicant is a previous Art Jess Scholarship recipient, one of these must be from applicant’s program advisor.
- Résumé of education, work experience, activities, personal interests, honors/awards, and volunteer/community service
- Personal essay (written and media formats accepted)
- High school or post-secondary transcripts (minimum GPA of 2.5)
- Statement of financial need
The minimum scholarship amount shall be $1,000 per scholarship. Number of awards and amounts given per year may vary. Award(s) will be announced in May.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2019, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.