The Patricia Roppel Memorial Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
The 2021 Patricia Roppel Memorial Scholarship will accept applications February 4th, 2021 – April 8th, 2021. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The scholarship will provide a one-time award of up to $5,000 students.
From newspapers articles to books, Pat’s work will forever be a testament to her passion. It is fitting that a scholarship has been established in her memory as Pat was someone who encouraged others to follow
their dreams. She didn’t mind sharing bits of her research information or her resources with fellow historians. Just as she had been mentored by historian and author the late-Robert DeArmond, Pat paid it forward. She edited articles and books, assisted in finding photographs and more to help other authors. They lived in Ketchikan, and then moved to Sitka, and then to Wrangell. Pat was involved in and supported museums and historical societies in those towns, and she also served several terms on the Alaska Historical Commission.
- Applicant must be a current senior at Wrangell High School in Alaska.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time at a post-secondary education institution by the beginning of the semester he/she is using the award.
- Applicant must pursue English, Journalism, Writing, Communication or History program or major.
- Students with demonstrated financial need.
- High School Transcript
- Resume that includes student activities, including extracurricular, community service and honors/awards
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal Statements
- Financial Need
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by July 31, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.