About The Alaska Community Foundation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is a philanthropic institution with a mission to inspire the spirit of giving and connect people, organizations, and causes to strengthen Alaska’s communities now and forever. As a statewide community foundation, ACF and its eleven Affiliate Community Foundations work with individual donors, families, nonprofits, communities, and corporations across Alaska to increase philanthropy and to connect people with causes they care about. ACF was established in 1995 and currently manages more than $124 million in assets and over 550 funds for the benefit of Alaskans. Since its inception, ACF has awarded more than $65 million in grants in Alaska.
About the Ketchikan Community Foundation
The Ketchikan Community Foundation (KCF) is one of eleven local, geographic-based community foundations that comprise the Affiliate program at ACF. ACF empowers local groups of dedicated volunteer Advisors to grow their community’s endowment funds to support nonprofits and charitable projects, now and forever. Advisory Boards recommend grants to local nonprofits, lead efforts to support organizations within their communities, and encourage their communities to invest in themselves to build stronger and more vibrant lives for their residents.
The Alaska Community Foundation is seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the ongoing work of the Ketchikan Community Foundation (KCF). The KCF Program Manager provides administrative and strategic support to the KCF Advisory Board, and fills a critical role in operations, marketing and communications, and strategic initiatives of KCF. This is a part-time position that reports to ACF’s Anchorage-based Affiliate Program Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Coordinate the marketing and communications needs (e.g. newsletters, thank you cards, PowerPoint presentations, printing, etc.). Manage web and social media platforms, manage and organize documents, and maintain photo catalogue.
- Provide support for donor relations and donor stewardship.
- Provide support for the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings (e.g. agendas, meeting minutes, and scheduling).
- Coordinate annual grant program, and provide assistance to grantees and applicants.
- Coordinate the annual planning process and work with the Advisory Board members in scheduling meetings and events.
- Participate in an annual Convening and other training opportunities in partnership with ACF.
- A minimum of two (2) years of organizational support experience
- Experience creating marketing and communications materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, discretion, and self-motivation
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated proficiency managing website platforms and social media
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Passion for the work of the nonprofit sector and personal commitment to philanthropy, including the mission of ACF/KCF
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision, and work as a member of a large team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with grants management and donor management systems preferred
- Proficiency with WordPress website design and management
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
This position is 40 hours per month, $20 per hour.
The Ketchikan Community Foundation Program Manager position is open immediately and applications will be accepted until Open until filled. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
To apply or for more information, please contact ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer, at email@example.com or 907-334-6700.