Position Title: Customer Service Manager / Donor Services Officer
Reports To: VP of Development and Communications
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
The Alaska Community Foundation (the Foundation) is a nonprofit, public foundation with a mission of inspiring the spirit of giving and connecting people, organizations, and causes to strengthen Alaska’s communities now and forever. To learn more please visit our website: alaskacf.org.
The Customer Services Manager/Donor Services Officer, along with all the Foundation employees, is accountable to our mission and to meeting the Foundation’s strategic goals. This position acts as the main point of contact to ensure the Foundation provides the highest levels of customer services to our customers/donors. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Development and Communications while also working collaboratively with team members across all departments at the Foundation. This is an in-office position based in Anchorage.
- Serves as lead interface with all departments for prompt problem solving of customer/donor issues when they arise.
- Acts as the main point of contact to ensure consistent response times and the highest possible levels of customer service to assist customers/donors.
- Prepares and maintains accurate electronic and/or hard copy reports related to customers/donors and their funds, gifts, and grants including the documentation of customer/donor relations activities and discussions.
- Serves as the primary employee assisting customers/donors with navigation of the Foundation’s online grantmaking/fund portal and handling related inquiries.
- Works with the Development and Communications team to coordinate the overall thank you note processes at the Foundation.
- Implements the Foundation communications plan with customers/donors as directed by VP of Development and Communications (i.e., customer/donor outreach, incoming online requests).
- Manages the Foundation’s account management process and phone call routing document.
- Works with Vice President of Development and Communication to develop systems for providing top-quality customer service and serves as manager of the Foundation’s customer/donor services plan/approach.
- Manages and directs the collective customer/donor services strategy, workflow and guidelines.
- Based on industry standards, recommends customer/donor satisfaction goals and metrics for the Foundation, including performance benchmarks for the overall success of the customer service program.
- Provides ongoing training to employees on customer service standards to be used organization-wide which will guide employee interactions with customers/donors and prospects.
- Participates in setting best practice standards for managing data for the purpose of customer/donor services.
- Manages the Foundation’s customer/donor database reporting and oversees the management of the customer/donor portal (i.e., passwords, messaging).
- Manages special projects related to customer/donor services as needed.
What you bring
- Your appreciation for Alaska, its people, and their interests.
- Your excellent communication skills.
- Your ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment and to adjust daily as priorities shift.
- Your ability and eagerness to work as part of the Foundation team.
- Your talents for working independently and taking initiative when appropriate.
- Your good judgment and professionalism.
- Your passion for community involvement, infectious enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in customer service, sales development, client relations, account management, project management, and/or executive assistance (or a combination of equivalent experience).
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience as described above.
- Strong computer skills, including direct experience with a customer service management system and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.).
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in the nonprofit and/or foundation field a plus.
What we Offer
The Salary range is between $50,000 and $63,000 and is commensurate with experience and expertise.
Benefits (upon eligibility) include:
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with generous employer funding of employee premiums and some employer funding of dependent premiums.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match after one year of service up to 4% of employees salary.
- Starting PTO is 18 days year and rises incrementally after 2 years of service.
- There are 12 paid Holidays per year.
- Group insurance including life/short term disability/long term disability provided by employer.
- Other benefits include an Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Spending accounts, and an Employee Giving Program.
If you are comfortable with the salary range, meet the position qualifications and are ready to bring your knowledge skills, abilities to our team please apply for the Customer Service Manager/Donor Services Officer position. This position will close at 5:00 pm on Monday, January 3, 2021. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Please send to Christine Brown at email@example.com.
The Alaska Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required, sometimes for extended periods, to stand or sit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-function machines, and filing cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; balance stoop, kneel, or crouch; and get in and out of vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move small or large objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.