The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) and Cordova Community Foundation (CCF) are seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the ongoing work of CCF. This is a part-time position that reports to ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer.
About The Alaska Community Foundation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is a philanthropic institution with a mission to inspire the spirit of giving and connect people, organizations, and causes to strengthen Alaska’s communities now and forever. As a statewide community foundation, ACF and its eleven Affiliate Community Foundations work with individual donors, families, nonprofits, communities, and corporations across Alaska to increase philanthropy and to connect people with causes they care about. ACF was established in 1995 and currently manages more than $93 million in assets and over 500 funds for the benefit of Alaskans. Since its inception, ACF has awarded more than $65 million in grants in Alaska.
About the Cordova Community Foundation
The Cordova Community Foundation (CCF) is one of eleven geographic Affiliates that are part of the Affiliate Program at The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF). The eleven Affiliates represent communities across the state, collectively increasing the impact of our combined efforts to grow philanthropy among Alaskans, as well as permanent endowments in communities to sustain local nonprofits. The CCF Advisory Board encourages local donors to invest in their community to build stronger and more vibrant lives for residents in the Cordova area while focusing on community issues so we can find solutions and grow permanent charitable assets.
The Alaska Community Foundation is seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the ongoing work of the Cordova Community Foundation (CCF). The CCF Program Manager provides administrative and strategic support to the CCF Advisory Board and fills a critical role in supporting the operational needs, marketing, and communications, and strategic initiatives of CCF. This is a part-time position that reports to ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Oversee the marketing and communications needs (e.g. newsletters, thank you cards, PowerPoint presentations, printing, etc.). Manage web and social media platforms, manage and organize documents, and maintain photo catalog.
- Provide support for donor relations and donor stewardship.
- Provide database management for CCF, including maintaining donor and grantee lists.
- Provide support for the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings (e.g. agendas, meeting minutes, and scheduling).
- Coordinate annual grant program and provide assistance to grantees and applicants.
- Oversee the annual planning process and work with the Advisory Board members in scheduling meetings and events.
- Participate in the annual Affiliate Convening and other Affiliate training opportunities in partnership with ACF.
- A minimum of two (2) years of organizational support experience
- Experience creating marketing and communications materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, discretion, and self-motivation
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated proficiency managing website platforms and social media
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Passion for the work of the nonprofit sector and personal commitment to philanthropy, including the mission of ACF/CCF
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision, and work as a member of a large team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with grants management and donor management systems preferred
- Proficiency with WordPress website design and management
This position is 25 hours per month, $20 per hour.
The Cordova Community Foundation Program Manager position is open immediately and the initial review of applications will be on Friday, August 30, 2019. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and a professional writing sample.
To apply or for more information, please contact ACF’s Senior Affiliate Program Officer, Mariko Sarafin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-249-6609.