The Toby Gamble and Janet Helen Tolan Gamble Educational Scholarship was established at The Alaska Community Foundation in 2015, with the inaugural scholarship cycle beginning in the spring of 2018. The Gambles wanted to support the post-secondary goals of students in Anchorage, a place they made their home for nearly sixty years.
The Toby Gamble and Janet Helen Tolan Gamble Educational Scholarship supports high school students in Southcentral Alaska with a 3.0 GPA or higher, accepted into post-secondary schooling. Preference will be given to applicants that intend to study vocational technology, education, pre-med, law, business management or theology, who are active members of a local church in their area for three years prior to submitting an application, and applicants with demonstrated community involvement and extracurricular activities.
In 2020, three to five awards will be made of up to $5,000 each. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- High school senior graduating from a high school in Southcentral Alaska
- Students with cumulative GPAs of 3.0 or higher
- Accepted to a college, university, or vocational school
Preference is given to the following applicants:
- Students who intend to study Vocational Technology, Education, Pre-Med, Law, Business Management or Theology.
- Students who have been active in a local church for three years prior to applying
- Students with a demonstrated history of community involvement and extracurricular activities
- Personal Essay
- Resume and/or summary of work experience, activities, personal interests, honors/awards, and volunteer service
- Verification of Acceptance in a college, university, or vocational school
- Transcripts: most recent high school
- Statement of Financial need
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by June 30, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.