The 2020 Red Boucher Scholarship will run October 1, 2020 – January 20th, 2021. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Red Boucher Scholarship honors the late H.A. “Red” Boucher. It supports outstanding Alaskans pursuing careers in technology education and/or training.
Red Boucher is recognized at the state and national level as one of the pioneers of the Information Age and as an authority on the subject of computer-mediated communication. He had a long and distinguished career in public service, including holding the elected offices of lieutenant governor and state representative.
The Red Boucher Scholarship awards are up to $1,000.
- Applicant must be a graduate of, or a currently enrolled senior, at an Alaskan high school.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally enrolled full-time in a technology-related program by the beginning of the semester he/she is using the award.
- Applicant must have the goal of pursuing a career in a technology related field.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and/or leadership potential.
- Prior year awardees are eligible to apply again.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information by July 31, 2021 to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. Failure to do so will be an automatic forfeiture of the award unless student chooses an award deferment.