The Kayhi Alumni Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
The 2021 Kayhi Alumni Scholarship will accept applications from January 20, 2021 – to March 8, 2021. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
The Kayhi Alumni Scholarship Fund supports outstanding current Ketchikan high school seniors in the pursuit of higher education. Special consideration will be given to descendants of Kayhi alumni. Awards will be made at the annual scholarship assembly at Kayhi. Scholarship award amount varies.
The generosity of Ketchikan High School’s alumni is evidenced by the Kayhi Alumni Scholarship. This award is offered to a current year graduating senior of Kayhi.
- The applicant must be a current senior at Ketchikan High School (Kayhi).
- Applicant should demonstrate academic and/or leadership potential.
- Applicant must have the intent to enroll full-time in a community college, accredited university, or vocational school.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- A descendant of Kayhi Alumni
- Students who demonstrate financial need and who demonstrate an ability to pay additional expenses not covered by the scholarship.
- Personal essay
- School activities
- Awards, honors, and achievements
- List of community activities
- High school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of financial need
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by July 31, 2021, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.