Giving Together is a program at The Alaska Community Foundation that allows fundholders and donors to partner with ACF in our grantmaking process and co-fund the grant proposals that most inspire them. It is ACF’s goal to connect people with the causes they care about. By creating a direct link between donors and nonprofit missions, we help you maximize your charitable giving.
The Social Justice Grant Program at ACF offers flexible grant support that can be used for projects, programs, partnerships, and to assist with general operating expenses to advance measurable social justice work. At the beginning of May, the Social Justice committee at ACF awarded $100,000 in funds to many of those nominated. Unfortunately, we were unable to fund all projects worthy of support. Below you will find a list of those organizations whose projects we were unable to support and who wished to be considered for funding through our Giving Together program.
Interested in learning more about the Giving Together program? Please click here.
- 90% by 2020
Increase integration of English Language Learner student services with Anchorage School District educational programs and services.
- Alaska Institute for Justice (AIJ)
Increase AIJ’s capacity to respond to the concerns of immigrant and refugee communities in Alaska targeted by federal immigration policy.
- Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC)
Use existing e-medical delivery systems to provide e-legal services to rural Alaskan residents and better support non-attorney advocates.
- Alaska Native Women’s Resource Center (ANWRC)
Broaden and strengthen network of Tribes that work with ANWRC to advocate for the safety of women and children in their communities and homes.
- Anchorage Realizing Indigenous Student Excellence (ARISE)/Cook Inlet Tribal Council (CITC)
Improve educational equity for Alaska Native students in the Anchorage School District.
- Anchorage Youth Court
Pilot a law and leadership summer program for area youth that will develop capable leaders who are invested in social justice issues.
- Juneau Community Foundation
Cross Cultural Communication through Art
- Kawerak, Inc.
Increase adult resilience through addressing institutional racism and historic trauma.
- Municipality of Anchorage Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Develop a Language Access Plan that will establish a strategy for delivering equal access to limited English proficient individuals (LEP) to all DHHS programs and activities, including medical treatment and health education and outreach.
- Priceless Alaska (Grace Alaska & Love Alaska)
Support vicitims of sex trafficing through immediate needs and long-term recovery.
- The Alaska Innocence Project (AKIP)
Correct errors made by the justice system that lead to wrongful convictions, as well as prevent future wrongful convictions through education.
- The Business Boutique Training Center
Grow curriculum to provide individual comprehensive training to identify and move past barriers to success for the most vulnerable Alaskans.
- Trustees for Alaska
Raise awareness of the issue of environmental justice through continuing conversations among business, social justice, and elected leaders.
- United Way of Anchorage
Support collaborative Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness efforts.
- Victims for Justice
Train Alaskan police, advocates, and prosecutors about Trauma Informed Victim Interviews.
- Welcoming Anchorage Initiative
Identify and train trusted leaders of marginalized communities to help deliver trainings, information, and updates in a culturally relevant manner that will foster behavioral patterns that empower individuals to execute recommended emergency procedures when/if a disaster occurs.
- YWCA Alaska
Provide locally-based intercultural sensitivity educational program that is low-cost, accessible, and inclusive of all cultures (including the dominant culture)
Ready to make a donation?
- Online: Click on the “Donate Now” button at the bottom of this page. Please indicate the organization you wish to support in the “Additional Instructions” box on the 2nd page of the donation form.
- Check/Cash: If you would rather donate by check, please mail it to us and indicate the organization you wish to support in the memo line by writing “Giving Together – [organization name]”
- The Alaska Community Foundation
3201 C Street, Suite 110
Anchorage, AK 99503
- The Alaska Community Foundation
Please note that donations to Giving Together will be subject to a small fee to cover administrative costs incurred through this program.