Creating a charitable legacy does not require large income or a vast estate. All that’s required is the thoughtful intention to make a difference for generations to come. When you join the Legacy Society for Alaska, you become part of a community of like-minded individuals and discover uncommon opportunities to learn, connect and share.
I care about what happens in Alaska and in my community. Leaving a legacy gift with ACF is my way of giving back to a state that has provided me with many wonderful opportunities. I want to do more than just give now. As a legacy member I can make a real and meaningful impact on the future of Alaska and its nonprofits. It is gratifying to know my gift will keep giving long after I’m gone.
Kris Norosz, ACF Board of Directors & Legacy Society Member
The Legacy Society for Alaska is made up of individuals who have included The Alaska Community Foundation and its Affiliate communities in their estate planning through bequests, outright gifts, or life insurance and retirement-plan beneficiary designations. You can leave a legacy in a variety of ways, either by donating directly to ACF, giving to an existing ACF fund, or by creating a new fund with ACF to support the community, causes, and organizations you care about.
The Legacy Society for Alaska*
- Give a gift that keeps on giving. Your legacy gift today will do good works tomorrow.
- Create a place for your personal history. Our talented staff can help you to preserve your story to share with future generations who will benefit from your generosity.
- You benefit from ACF expertise. We are available to help you plan your charitable legacy and will work with you, your family and your financial advisers to bring it to fruition.
- Be a catalyst of change and join other Alaskans in meeting current and emerging needs in our state.
- Be recognized in our Annual Report, on our website and at special events. Too often those who leave a legacy are not honored during their lifetime. The Legacy Society for Alaska is a way of shining a light today on a gift for the future.
Additional Resources for Legacy Giving:
- Sample Bequest Language
- Alaska Bar Association Estate Planning & Probate Section
- Advance Health Care Directive & Power of Attorney
*If you have already included ACF in your estate planning, please let us know so we may recognized you as a member of The Legacy Society for Alaska .