Josephine’s Dream Scholarship is not currently accepting applications.
The 2017 Josephine’s Dream Scholarship will run February 1, 2017 – March 31, 2017. Applications must be submitted no later than 5 pm AKST.
Josephine’s Dream Scholarship will provide scholarships to worthy students pursuing a career in animal care, focusing but not limited to veterinary programs and certificates. The application is open to students from middle-income families, who are not likely to receive financial aid from other sources. The scholarship is open to students from all states, although Alaskan students will be given preference. Awards are up to $10,000.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or post-secondary student.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Applicant should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities including jobs and volunteer work.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must have a goal of working with animals in a veterinary or veterinary-technician field.
- Personal Essays
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Financial Need
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Application or Acceptance to post-secondary institution
IMPORTANT: Successful applicants must submit their student ID number and program information to ACF through the online system before their award can be disbursed. If we do not receive the above information by September 30, 2017, the scholarship may not be awarded. Please contact ACF if you cannot send in the information by this date.