The Alaska Community Foundation and the Kodiak Community Foundation are seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the ongoing work of KCF. This is a part-time position that reports to the KCF Advisory Board and to ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer.
About the Kodiak Community Foundation
The Kodiak Community Foundation (KCF) is one of nine geographic Affiliates that are part of the Affiliate Program at The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF). These nine Affiliates stretch across the state, collectively increasing the impact of our combined efforts to grow philanthropy among Alaskans as well as permanent endowments in communities to sustain local nonprofits. The KCF Advisory Board encourages our community to invest in ourselves to build stronger and more vibrant lives for our residents in the Kodiak Archipelago, while focusing on community issues so we can invest in solutions and grow permanent charitable assets.
About The Alaska Community Foundation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is a nonprofit, philanthropic institution with a mission to transform gifts from Alaskans into extraordinary contributions for our state’s future. As a statewide community foundation, ACF works with individual donors, families, nonprofits, communities and corporations across Alaska to increase philanthropy and to connect people who care with causes they care about. ACF was established in 1995 and currently manages more than $78 million in assets. Since its inception ACF has awarded more than $50 million in grants in Alaska.
ACF manages more than 370 philanthropic funds that have been invested at ACF by donors from across the state. These endowed and non-endowed funds span a broad range of interests including education, food and shelter, pets, workforce development, suicide prevention, the arts, the environment, community-based needs and support for specific nonprofit organizations. The Affiliate Program is at the heart of ACF and core to its mission. Through the Affiliate Program, ACF currently supports nine communities across Alaska to build localized philanthropy, with a goal of growing the program to 15 communities in the next four years.
The Kodiak Community Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of island life through community giving.
The Kodiak CF Program Manager provides administrative and strategic support to the Advisory Board. She/he fills a critical role in supporting the operational needs, marketing and communications, and strategic initiatives of KCF.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Provides support for the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings (i.e. agendas, meeting minutes, and scheduling).
- Oversees the marketing and communications needs of KCF (i.e. create newsletters, thank you cards, Power Point presentations, printing support, PR). Manage web and social media platforms for KCF and maintain photo catalogue.
- Provide support for donor relations and donor stewardship for KCF.
- Provide database management for KCF, and maintain grant and donor lists.
- Oversee the annual planning process and work with the Advisory Board members in scheduling meetings and events.
- Provide technical assistance to grantees and applicants.
- Participate in the annual Affiliate Convening and participation in Affiliate training opportunities in partnership with ACF.
- Passion for the work of the nonprofit sector and personal commitment to philanthropy, and the work of KCF.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of experience of organizational support experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and vet opportunities as they arise and prioritize key strategic decisions as necessary.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion and self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
This position is 25 hours per month, $18 to 20 per hour DOE.
The Kodiak CF Program Manager position is open immediately. Applications will be reviewed on February 17, 2017. Interviews will be scheduled shortly after. Position open until filled.
Please send a cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample to Affiliate Program Officer, Shawn Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org and to KCF Advisory Board Chair, Ginny Austerman at email@example.com.
Questions? Please email Shawn Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-274-6708.