The Alaska Community Foundation and Greater Sitka Legacy Fund are seeking to hire a Program Manager. This is a part-time position that reports to the ACF Affiliate Program Officer and the GSLF Advisory Board.
About the Greater Sitka Legacy Fund
The Greater Sitka Legacy Fund (GSLF) is one of nine geographic Affiliates that are part of the Affiliate Program at The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF). These nine Affiliates stretch across the state, collectively increasing the impact of our combined efforts to grow philanthropy among Alaskans as well as permanent endowments in communities to sustain local nonprofits. The GSLF Advisory Board encourages our community to invest in ourselves to build stronger and more vibrant lives for our residents in greater Sitka, while focusing on community issues so we can invest in
solutions and grow permanent charitable assets.
About The Alaska Community Foundation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is a nonprofit, philanthropic institution with a mission to transform gifts from Alaskans into extraordinary contributions for our state’s future. As a statewide community foundation, ACF works with individual donors, families, nonprofits, communities and corporations across Alaska to increase philanthropy and to connect people who care with causes they care about. ACF was established in 1995 and currently manages more than $78 million in assets. Since its inception ACF has awarded more than $50 million in grants in Alaska.
ACF manages more than 370 philanthropic funds that have been invested at ACF by donors from across the state. These endowed and non-endowed funds span a broad range of interests including education, food and shelter, pets, workforce development, suicide prevention, the arts, the environment, community-based needs and support for specific nonprofit organizations. The Affiliate Program is at the heart of ACF and core to its mission. Through the Affiliate Program,
ACF currently supports nine communities across Alaska to build localized philanthropy, with a goal of growing the program to 15 communities in the next four years.
The mission of the Greater Sitka Legacy Fund is to support local resiliency and self-reliance, now and in the future. We are committed to keeping our community a vital, progressive, and healthy place where people can live, work, raise families and retire. To fulfill our mission for the community, we help meet short and long-term community needs through projects and grants to organizations within our community. The Greater Sitka Legacy Fund also promotes many ways for people to invest their time, talent and resources to participate in this mission.
We are seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the ongoing work of GSLF. This is a part-time position that reports to the GSLF Advisory Board and to ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer.
The GSLF Program Manager provides administrative and strategic support to the Advisory Board. She/he fills a critical role in supporting the operational needs, marketing and communications, and strategic initiatives of GSLF.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Provides support for the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings (i.e. agendas, meeting minutes, and scheduling).
- Oversees the marketing and communications needs of GSLF (i.e. create newsletters, thank
you cards, Power Point presentations, printing support, PR). Manage web and social media
platforms for GSLF and maintain photo catalogue.
- Provide support for donor relations and donor stewardship for GSLF.
- Provide database management for GSLF, and maintain grant and donor lists.
- Oversee the annual planning process and work with the Advisory Board members in
scheduling meetings and events. Participation in community events.
- Provide technical assistance to grantees and applicants.
- Participate in the annual Affiliate Convening and participation in Affiliate training
opportunities in partnership with ACF.
- Passion for the work of the nonprofit sector and personal commitment to philanthropy, and the work of GSLF.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of experience of organizational support experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and vet opportunities as they arise and prioritize key strategic decisions
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion and self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
This position is 25 hours per month, $18 to 20 per hour DOE.
The GLSF Program Manager position is open immediately. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 17. Interviews will be scheduled a week after that.
Please send a cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample to Affiliate Program Officer, Shawn Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org and to GSLF Advisory Board Chair, Trish White at email@example.com.
Questions? Please email Shawn Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-274-6708.