The Alaska Community Foundation is seeking to hire a Communications Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time (15-20 hrs/week), non-exempt position that reports to the Donor Relations and Communications Specialist.
The Communications Administrative Assistant provides support for The Alaska Community Foundation’s communications and donor relations activities. The position works closely with the Donor Relations and Communications Specialist to create a strong, positive public image for the Foundation and its Affiliates, ensure effective communications, and grow philanthropic support for ACF.
Enthusiastic individuals with strong communications skills, prior office experience, experience managing social media accounts, and keen attention to detail are encouraged to apply. This position offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to develop their communication and marketing skills while working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment at a highly respected nonprofit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Communications and Donor Relations Specialist with acknowledgement letters, invitations and special mailings, and packets.
- Assist with website updates and occasional social media support.
- Maintain and update mailing lists through Excel, Mailchimp, and our donor database.
- Plan and assist with events and large meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent technical support skills including efficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry (knowledge of Microsoft Office a necessity).
- Basic database entry skills
- High standards regarding accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time and prioritize projects.
- Ability to apply discretion in handling confidential information.
- Flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with social media and e-communications.
- Experience (paid or volunteer) in the non-profit sector.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office Suite including mail merge and basic Excel skills
- Prior office experience
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise. $12-$20 per hour, depending upon experience and skill set. This part-time position requires 15- 20 hours a week or 80 hours per month. Flexibility in schedule can be discussed as part of employment.
The Alaska Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Position open until filled.